Okay so you don’t have to do all the 24 hours in one long go – in fact don’t do that, that would be a bit insane and totally not the point of this blog.
We all get bogged down with stuff, life can overwhelm us and before we know it we’re at the doctors with a stress related symptom.
We all know that we should clean our homes. I’ve got friends doing these 15 minutes of cleaning a day programs. I’m not making any judgment on how often you should clean your home but many of us will agree we probably need to clean more than we do!!
A clean house makes me feel so much better. And so a clean mind should make you feel just as good
Here are 24 ideas here to help you feel lighter and refreshed.
I suggest you pick 3 that you can do within the next 24 hours.
- Positive Affirmations – write a statement on a post it note like “I am confident/strong/enough”. The idea is that it isn’t something you currently believe. You are tricking your mind into believing it. Put the note somewhere you will see it every day and say it over yourself again and again and again.
- Write down 3 things every day that you are GRATEFUL for.
- Journal – go on treat yourself to a new journal. You can never have enough stationary!
- Have regular Counselling or life coaching
- Read wellbeing and up lifting things
- Stop reading and watching negative things or things that scare you
- Ditch negative relationships. If spending time with this person completely depletes and exhausts you maybe it needs to end or at least be limited.
- Deal with your past pains. You might think they are safely tucked away in a box but you will subtly leak the evidence that you are not okay.
9-13 Smell, Taste, touch, Hear, See. Give your senses some attention. Make a list of 3 things you like to ‘smell’ etc Then make some of them happen.
- Cultivate meaningful friendships. If you’ve lacking in them then think about making new friends. If you’ve got them, think about how to deepen them.
- Declutter physically. Have a good clear out you’ll feel great afterwards. Who doesn’t like a bit of Maria Kondo?
- Eat good food. So many amazing foods out there with such great health benefits. Just choose a few and put them in your menu.
- Eat bad food. I probably shouldn’t be categorizing food as good and bad but you know what I mean. I’m not talking about eating 10 cream buns but about enjoying the food you love, don’t deny yourself just don’t engorge yourself either.
19: Start a hobby or make more time for the things you love doing.
- Do something helpful. It could be volunteering for a local charity or baking a cake for a friend who is sad.
- Be kind. Go out of your way to be kind. Let it cost you a bit.
- Write a list of 10 things you are good at.
- Write a letter but don’t send it. If you need to get something off your chest about something someone did then write it, but think very hard about what to do with it. Sometimes burning it and letting go off it is more helpful than sending it.
- Write a letter and send it. Were a losing the art of correspondence. Tell someone how grateful you are to have them in your life. They will feel great and so will you.
Let me know how it goes or which your favourite is.
Best of Luck
Nicola x x